Tuesday 25 October 2011

Hatchet Book 1- Book review

I'm stuck on a stranded island, with nothing but a few coins,  a nail cutter, clothes on my back and a Hatchet..

I am reading HATCHET. An inspiring adventure by Gary Paulsen. When I read the first book, I loved it from the start to the end. It teaches how to survive in the wilderness, like building a shelter and creating fire! Or  how to build a bow and arrow to catch fish and even how to cook! The boy -Brian- peserveres to survive, and what he has been through is just unbelievable. A few parts are a bit shattering with the weather conditions and injures. The Author is very good at describing of how the characters are feeling and what the scenes look like, its as if we are looking right at it. Ever since I started reading the first book, I began reading the 2nd book-The Return. It just became more exciting when I started reading the 3rd book- Winter. I'm looking forward to reading other books written from Gary Paulsen.

"Heart-stopping ...somewhere beyond adventure"-Publishers Weekly
"SURVIVAL AGAINST ALL ODDS."

I think that everyone will enjoy this book. HATCHET
Book review by Louise

1 comment: